Hiya all, been looking at this site for some time, gathering as much info as i can handle, and will shortly be entering the detailing world myself to perhaps correct a few cars belonging to me and various family members.

I will be buying a Silverline rotary (orange) very soon, and intend to use it with the Menzerna range (Menzerna Power Gloss S 34 A, Menzerna Intensive Polish PO85RD3.02, Menzerna Final Finish PO106FF, Menzerna Final Finish PO85RD - via the 250ml sample pack) for paint correction. I was then thinking about going the Zaino route for the finish, perhaps Z2-pro (with a dash of ZFX for good measure!) topped with Z-8.

I`m thinking my procedure would be as follows:

Wash (2 bucket system using Meg Gold Class Shampoo & Megs washmit)

Clay (Megs cb & spray)

Wash again, then dry.

106ff on finishing pad, then working through the pads/polish strength if not correcting properly.

Reduce polish (if necessary) down to PO85RD

Z2-pro (with ZFX)

2nd coat of Z2-pro

Z-8

I will also be using mf towels only.

1) Am i correct on my procedure, or have i omitted anything? Would you go this route, and if not, what would you change?

2) What best value pads should i go for? I`ve read that 3m are probably one of the best, but which pads exactly? Are there some really good alternatives?

3) I will be starting my detailing experience with my wife`s Ford KA, which is pretty knackered to be honest, with multiple dings, dangs & scratches. (like i said, my wife`s car - Women!) Therefore my introduction to the rotary won`t be too daunting or scary for me (the car can`t look much worse atm, only better from now on in) but there is one aspect that i would like some advice on. How can i remove spray paint some vandal did a while back? It`s basically a 2` length of spray, mainly on the body, but some of it has got onto the plastic trim too. What would be the best way to tackle this, on both the body and the trim?

Thanks in advance for any input, and once again, hello from a newbie :wavey

Bradgr :brit