I`m having problems polishing my 87 Buick GN. It has the original Black Lacquer paint in very good condition. None of the typical checking that these cars are known for. Car has always been garage kept. Moderate swirls to remove.

Picked up the PC kit from Pinnacle. I`ve tried both 3M Swirl Mark Remover and Zaino Z-PC on the swirls. The 3M with a white pad is doing OK on the swirls after a couple passes but is leaving behind a hazy finish. The Z-PC is doing the same. I decided to try some Zaino AIO over the polished area to see if it would remove the haze. I did a 50/50 IP wipe down in one section which left major hazing. I then applied the Z-AIO. I let it dry then had difficulty removing it and still had hazing. Looks good under garage Flourescent lighting but lousy with the Halogens.

I`m wondering if I need yet an even finer finishing polish to remove the haze, but I hate to buy something else and still have issues. I thought both polishes I currently have were pretty mild as it is.

This is my first time with a PC so maybe its my technique. I`m using as little polish as possible and running around speed 5. The 3M turns to dust pretty quick so I don`t think I`m under polishing.

Suggestions please

Thanks,

John